The featured recipe this week comes from PaleoDish.
One of my family's favorite dishes is her Chicken Wings Oooohhh, it's good!!! What we had for dinner tonight.We made it with chicken quarters though. We've done it with breasts too. Doesn't matter, turns out beautifully each meal. Every time we have it my 13 yr old tells me it's his favorite chicken ever. What can you say to that?
Visit PaleoDish's site for more amazing recipes. On her site she has 2 ways to prepare this, though I am only listing the one we did tonight here. She also has an incredible herbed chicken recipe and nummy veggies. She is also not afraid to make tongue. Yes tongue. She made shredded beef taco's with them. You should check it out!
Without further ado, the recipe:
- 2 + pounds wings (We used 5 chicken quarters)
- olive or coconut oil
- mixed herbs – dried rosemary, basil, marjoram, parsley, oregano, thyme and black pepper (note: for both create spice/herb mixes using equal-ish parts of each)
- line your baking sheet with tin foil
- brush with olive/coconut oil, using a silicone brush
- preheat oven to approx. 325-350 degrees
- take desired spices/herbs and mix them up in a small bowl
- pour all the wings into a larger bowl and drizzle with some olive or coconut oil (we used 2 separate medium-sized bowls here)
- next, toss in your spice mix
- with clean hands, get in there and make sure that all the wings are coated with the seasoning
- finally arrange the wings on your baking sheet
- bake in oven for approx. 30-40 minutes, turning them with tongs mid-way through the process (you can also sprinkle a little more seasoning on near the end)
- note – keep and eye on them for about the last 10 minutes…you may also broil at this point if you wish for an extra crispy finish